Attention: TriMet – ATU 757 Members
As many of you know, we have had members disciplined for the following issues:
- Improper lane changes
- Running yellow lights
- traveling in the pass lane
- traveling in the bike lane
- being late/early due to using the restroom
General Neil McFarlane told the TriMet Board of Directors that he supports and he wants TriMet employees to put “Safety Before Schedules.” We support McFarlane’s new initiative on safety and the Union goes one step farther and advocates, “Safety and health before schedules.”
The issues above have also generated stress and other health issues. Even though we realize that it will slow down the TriMet system, we support McFarlane’s position. Pursuant to McFarlane’s statement to the Board of Directors he is asking that you do the following which will put safety and health ahead of schedules:
- Allow yourselves 100 feet per lane change.
- Do not run yellow lights.
- Do not speed.
- Allow yourself enough room from the car in front of you – do not tailgate.
- Do not travel in the passing lane.
- Do not travel in the bike lane.
In closing, please remember to always drink fluids throughout the day and take your break. Make a practice of using the restroom every time you reach the end of the line.
Join McFarlane’s new initiative of putting “Safety and Health Before Scheduling”